2. Love inspires creativity. Even if words aren’t your thing, a love letter, poem or handmade card is the perfect way to express how you feel about someone.
3. It's an excuse to indulge in some fancy cooking for two. Start with fresh oysters and end with strawberries in balsamic vinegar jelly. See our Valentine’s Day recipes.
4. Single? Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to come clean about your secret crush. Or if you’re still too shy, send an anonymous e-card and sign it ‘Your Valentine’.
5. Adventure. What is the one thing your partner has always wanted to do? Now is the day to make that wish come true.
6. Pamper yourselves. Stay in the honeymoon suite at a five star hotel, visit a day spa together, shower each other with gifts, get dressed up for dinner, and order two rounds of dessert.
7. Stay in. Order takeaway, buy a tub of your favourite ice cream, hire romantic movies and chill out on the sofa.
8. Party. When was the last time you hit the town together? Head to a bar, buy tickets to a gig, or invite friends around for a Valentine’s Day bbq.
9. Spread the love. Remind your friends and family how much you love them by sending Valentine's Day e-cards to everyone you care about.
10. Take a break. Whisk your partner away on a romantic weekend, or if you’re single, round up your friends and take a road trip.