$1,000 Weekly Giveaway
1. This Trade Promotion is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or older only and opens 04/01/10. Entries close on 04/07/10. The prizes will be drawn at Reader’s Digest 80 Bay St Ultimo NSW 2007 on the 12/01/10, 19/01/10, 27/01/10, 02/02/10, 09/02/10, 16/02/10, 23/02/10, 02/03/10, 09/03/10, 16/03/10, 23/03/10, 30/03/10, 06/04/10, 13/04/10, 20/04/10, 27/04/10, 04/05/10, 11/05/10, 18/05/10, 25/05/10, 01/06/10, 08/06/10, 15/06/10, 22/06/10, 29/06/10 and the 06/07/10 at 3:00pm.
2. The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these rules. To be eligible to enter the draw, you must reply in accordance with the conditions specified in this promotional material. Various methods of entry into this promotion may include direct mail, phone or internet responses and the details of these methods of entry will be specified in the related promotion material. Employees of Reader's Digest, Direct Holdings, WDF Coghlan Limited and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. All eligible entries will have an equal chance to win. Reader's Digest cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
3. Reader’s Digest will conduct the draw and the winners declared will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
4. The first eligible entry drawn for each weekly draw will win $1,000 cash, paid in the local currency of winner. Total Number of prizes: 26. Total value of giveaway $26,000.
5. The prizewinner will be notified in writing immediately after the draw and will be announced in 'The Australian' on the 15/01/10, 22/01/10, 29/01/10, 05/02/10, 12/02/10, 19/02/10, 26/02/10, 05/03/10, 12/03/10, 19/03/10, 26/03/10, 09/04/10, 09/04/10, 16/04/10, 23/04/10, 30/04/10, 07/05/10, 14/05/10, 21/05/10, 28/05/10, 04/06/10, 11/06/10, 18/06/10, 25/06/10, 02/07/10 and the 09/07/10 and in New Zealand in the 'Sunday Star-Times' on the 17/01/10, 24/01/10, 31/01/10, 07/02/10, 14/02/10, 21/02/10, 28/02/10, 07/03/10, 14/03/10, 21/03/10, 28/03/10, 11/04/10, 11/04/10, 18/04/10, 25/04/10, 02/05/10, 09/05/10, 16/05/10, 23/05/10, 30/05/10, 06/06/10, 13/06/10, 20/06/10, 27/06/10, 04/07/10 and the 11/07/10.
6. The promoter may conduct such further draws at the same place as the original draw as is necessary on 07/10/10 at 3:00pm in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by that date. The re-drawn prize winner will be notified in writing immediately after the draw and will be announced in 'The Australian' on 15/10/10 and in New Zealand in the ‘Sunday Star-Times’ on 17/10/10.
7. All times specified in these rules are Sydney Australian times 8. All entries become the property of the promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Promoter collects entrants’ personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By entering the promotion, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use this information, or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the entrant electronic messages. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of the Promoter. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. As per the relevant Privacy Legislation, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office. The promoter's decision on all matters pertaining to this promotion is final.
9. If entry is to be made via the internet at www.readersdigest.com.au or www.readersdigest.co.nz , the close time and date for entry into the promotion is 11.59pm on the deadline date stated. Limitations on the number of entries permitted could include either one (1) entry only permitted per unique email address OR one (1) entry only permitted per household OR one (1) entry only permitted per entry opportunity. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The promoter accepts no responsibility for late, non-directed or misdirected e-mail, for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, Reader’s Digest accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in this Trade Promotion. Reader’s Digest (subject to relevant authorities) reserves the right to terminate or modify this Trade Promotion or the on-line portion of this Trade Promotion at any time if the Reader’s Digest on-line service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond Reader’s Digest’s control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on electronic entries received prior to date of termination. Reader’s Digest reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the internet entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of this Trade Promotion via the internet. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
10. The Promoter is Reader’s Digest (Australia) Pty Ltd, (ABN 81000565471), 80 Bay Street, Ultimo, NSW Australia. (www.readersdigest.com.au) (www.readersdigest.co.nz). Ph: Aust 1300300162 - NZ 0800540048. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/09/11491, VIC Permit No. 09/3891, ACT Permit No. TP09/04841.1