Mother- and daughter-in-law embrace each other. Photo: iStock
1. I spent a couple of decades being the leading lady; now I have a character role. It hurts to be downsized.
2. I know he's your husband now, but he's still my son.
3. You don't seem very confident about yourself. The littlest comment from me is taken as a criticism, so I'm very careful what I say around you.
4. Every year, I send you a birthday present, but you never even pick up the phone to thank me. This year, I said, "That's it. No more." Yet look at me: I'm about to send another present. I guess that's how I am.
5. We mothers say to our children, "I want you to be happy." And we mean that. What we don't say is, "But I would like to be happy too."
6. I've bought and sold 13 houses in my life. Why won't you ask for my advice?
7. When I visit you, I'm not coming for a white-glove inspection. I'm just coming to see the family.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.