The Everyday KitchenFood advice for a busy life
I've become very boring with basil. Each time a bunch arrives in my vegie box I think "great, I'll make pesto". Now much as I love pesto, it crosses my mind there must be other interesting ways to use basil, so I've been doing some googling. Here are some suggestions:
- Make jam - I'm intrigued by this recipe for plum and basil jam from Eat a Cupcake and Call Me In the Morning and will be trying it out very soon.
- Use with fruit in a sorbet - I've made lime and basil sorbet in the past and it was divine, which makes me think this strawberry and basil version from Sassy Radish might also be good.
- Use it in a lentil and quinoa salad - beautiful looking salad from Smarter, Fitter which combines lentils, quinoa, vegetables, basil, parsley and a lemon juice dressing.
- Bake some muffins - interesting idea for low GI, gluten free zucchini and basil muffins from Just Bento.
- Whizz up a smoothie - a thick, tasty looking non-dairy smoothie from Healthy Happy Life. Basil is blended together with kiwis, banana, grape juice, ice and some agave syrup for sweetness. Delicious.
How do you use basil?
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email email@example.com. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.