The Everyday KitchenFood advice for a busy life
I've written before about baking sweet potatoes and they are a delicious alternative to using regular potatoes. They're particularly good if you can find small sweet potatoes, which you can then bake whole, in their skin. This is the version I made back in May, however there are lots of other ideas and variations you could try.
- Jamie Oliver has a lovely version, featuring chilli, basil, mozzarella and lemon juice.
- You can top baked sweet potatoes with any braise or stew, such as this version with a spicy, hot and sour chickpea and spinach braise.
- The Traveler's Lunchbox makes a Middle Eastern flavoured feta, olive, coriander and red onion flavoured saladto go with baked sweet potato. Originally recommended to me by Dietgirl.
- A delicious looking Black Bean Smothered Baked Sweet Potato, although I'd use slightly less sour cream than the recipe states.
- And there are plenty more topping ideas here at The Yummy Life.
Have you ever cooked baked sweet potato?
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.