Photo: Ian Wallace
- Quantity: 4 SERVES
Ingredients400 g lean beef mince
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon mustard
1 cup rolled oats
2 eggs beaten
2 tablespoon canola oil
4 wholegrain bread rolls
4 cup mixed salad (leaves tomato, beetroot, cucumber)
1. Place all burger ingredients, except canola oil, into a large bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
2. Divide mixture evenly and form into four burger patties. To make this easier, wet your hands before shaping.
3. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the canola oil – then, once the oil is hot but not smoking, add the burger patties.
4. Cook burger patties for roughly 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and just starting to brown.
5. Serve your burgers in bread rolls, with salad and sauce of your choice.
TIP: The uncooked burgers freeze really well, so it’s worthwhile making double the mixture, forming it into burger patties, then storing half in the freezer.