Chocolate cherry cupcakes recipe
These cakes are very pretty and fruity in taste - perfect cupcakes for kids birthdays. To change the appearance for a boy's birthday, simply choose more boyish cupcake wrappers.
Chocolate cherry cupcakes
Photo: Taste of Home
- Quantity: 24 MAKES Servings
- Prep Time:
Ingredients1 packet cake mix
1 - 1/3 cups water
1⁄2 cup canola oil
600 gm. cherry pie filling
1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
2. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Spoon a rounded teaspoon of pie filling onto the center of each cupcake.
3. Set remaining pie filling aside.
4. Bake at 180° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Frost cupcakes; top with one cherry from pie filling. Serve additional pie filling with cupcakes or refrigerate for another use.
Daily Health Tips
Send Free eCards
Life Well Shared
Health & Wellbeing
Food & Recipes