Photo: From Reader's Digest
● You can scrub most types of outdoor furniture. Use a nylon-bristled brush that has been dipped in a bucket of warm water, to which a squirt of phosphate-free dishwashing liquid has been added. To rinse, wipe down with several clean, wet rags.
● Scrub wooden furniture and allow to dry. Sand lightly to restore the colour, then oil with a solution of 2 cups raw linseed oil and 1⁄2 cup natural turpentine.
● Wipe aluminium furniture with warm water and a dash of vinegar, and then dry. Don’t use ammonia or bicarbonate of soda, which can discolour aluminium.
● Regularly tighten the screws on wooden outdoor furniture.
● Act quickly to touch up any chips or scratches on metal and wrought iron furniture so it won’t rust.
● To prevent the growth of mould, be sure to keep cane and wicker furniture dry.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email email@example.com. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.