7. Attach floor cabinets together by drilling 5mm holes through the ends to be joined, then clamping the units together and screw-fixing them to the other end, using at least four 28mm x 8g screws.
NOTE: Ensure the cabinet front and top
edges are flush before screwing together.
9. Determine the underside height of the overhead cabinets and mark a level line onto the wall. Screw fix a 40 x 19mm cleat to the wall and make a support stand, as shown in Diagrams 3 & 4
11. Fix units to the wall. Use green plugs and 50mm x 8g screws into masonry walls and 60mm x 8g screws into softwood wall frames, using at least four screws per cabinet.
8. Fix floor cabinets to masonry walls by
pre-drilling 5mm diameter holes through the cabinet backs. Drill holes in the cabinet bottom or back to pull any services through, using a 25mm spade bit. Use a hammer drill and 6.5mm (or suitable size) masonry bit to drill holes in the walls, then screw fix the unit in place. CAUTION: Wear eye and ear protection when using a hammer drill.
10. When fixing overhead cabinets, first set out for services and rangehood ducting. Drill or jigsaw the necessary holes and pre-drill cabinet ends and backs for screwing. Lift cabinets onto stands and wall cleats, clamp and fix ends together using 28mm x 8g screws.
12. Position the island bench plinth base and level it using packers. Attach the plinth
using 40 x 19mm timber cleats fixed to the floor and base.