Save time by working out at home. Photo: Thinkstock
Being short on time and energy is the biggest challenge most women face when trying to fit exercise into their busy days. Like many other women, you may just be in need of a simple daily programme.
Working all the major muscle groups, this practical workout will help you feel great, gain muscle strength and endurance, and kick-start your metabolism.
If a gym membership doesn’t fit into your budget, the good news is these exercises will take you just 45 minutes to do at home. Although weight loss may be your ultimate goal, remember that toning up and improving your posture is also important.
What you'll need:
• Two sets of weights: heavy (4kg) and light (2kg).
• Skipping rope.
• Exercise band or tubing.
• Do star jumps, light skipping or walking for at least 5 minutes beforehand.
• Perform the exercises in a circuit format – one after the other – trying to rest only 30-60 seconds between sets.
• Decrease rest time each week as you become fitter.
• Do the toning routine over three alternate days.
• Weeks 1-2: One set of 15-20 repetitions per exercise.
• Weeks 3-4: Two sets of 15-20 repetitions per exercise.
• Weeks 5-6: Three sets of 15-20 repetitions per exercise.
Keep in mind
• Allow no more than 60 seconds of rest between sets, to keep your heart rate elevated.
• If you’re not a beginner, you may begin with 2-3 sets.
• Change your exercise programme after six weeks.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.
Do you think Wayne Swan's budget is a good one?