Before building the holder, measure all tool handles, especially D-shaped handles, to be sure they fit. The holder is 725mm high and is ripped from one 2700 x 42 x 42mm and two 1800 x 190 x 19mm pieces of pine.
1. On a tablesaw, rip the sides and ends to width from a 1800 x 190 x 19mm pine board, then cut to length.
2. Glue and fix the top and base boxes using 50 x 2mm bullethead nails. Keep the ends inside the sides and ensure corners are square.
3 .Rip a second 1800mm-long board into 25mm strips, then cut the crosspieces. Lightly sand all edges.
4. Equally space the lower crosspieces in each box then glue and nail them flush with the top. Ensure the first and last space is wide enough to fit the corner legs.
5. Position the three upper crosspieces on both boxes to suit tool handles, leaving room for the corner legs. Secure every intersection with 30 x 2mm nails.
6. Cut the legs to length and position in the corners between the boxes. Secure with 40mm x 8g screws, through side and end panels.