Facial treatment Photo: From Reader's Digest
1. Keep out of the sun as much as possible.This is the single best preventive strategy to avoid premature ageing and the risk of developing skin cancer. Outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and loose, light, long-sleeved clothing rather than shorts and brief tops.
2. Use sunscreen. Keep it in a handy place – your handbag, car, gardening kit, picnic basket or golf bag – and apply it about 30 minutes before you go out, as it takes this long to become effective.
3. Eat a diet high in natural fibre because digestive problems can result in skin blemishes. Good health starts from the inside out, so include lots of fruit, raw vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
4. Try to minimise or completely avoid exposure to your skin’s natural enemies. For example, stress, too many late nights, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes can all play a part in making you look less than your best.
5. Avoid using soap. Its alkalinity tends to strip the natural acid mantle of the skin. Choose a gentle cleansing oil or cream instead.
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.