Mushroom, zucchini, egg and feta pizza
Photo: Ian Wallace
- Quantity: 4 SERVES
Ingredients400 g tin crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoon Olive Oil
4 multigrain circular wraps
200 g mushrooms thinly sliced
60 g pitted kalamata olives
150 g feta crumbled
2 zucchinis ends trimmed,
2 cup baby rocket leaves
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. While oven is heating and you’re prepping other vegetables, drain tomatoes for about 10 minutes, then place in a bowl and add oregano and olive oil. Stir to combine.
2. Grease two large baking trays with olive oil. Place in oven for 5 minutes to warm up.
3. Spread ¼ of the tomato mixture over each wrap base. Top with mushrooms, olives, feta and zucchini, then gently crack an egg into the middle.
4. Place pizzas on prepared trays, then bake for 8-10 minutes until bases are crisp and golden, and the egg white has just set.
5. Be careful not to overcook, otherwise the egg will be rubbery. You may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your baking trays and your oven.
6. Sprinkle baby rocket leaves on top of each pizza and serve immediately.
TIP: Draining the tomatoes and mixing them with oregano and olive oil may seem like a fussy extra step, but it’s worth it. It’s a simple sauce that can be prepared while the oven warms up, and gives your pizza a much better flavour.