High jump Photo: Thinkstock
1. What is always the final event in a decathlon?
2. How many events are there in a pentathlon?
3. What is the longest swimming event to have been held at the Olympics?
4. Which sport featured only once, at the 1900 Olympics, played between France and Britain?
5. Which group of Olympic events were not held in Australia for the 1956 Melbourne Games and where were they held?
6. Name one of two sports returning for the 2016 games, following long absences.
7. Which of the following were once Olympic events: tug-of-war, pelota, polo, lacrosse or power-boating?
8. How may events were held at the 2008 Summer Games: 188, 276 or 302?
9. In which two summer sports did men not compete in the 2008 games?
10. The 1896 Olympics featured what event that was said to follow the legendary route of Pheidippides?
See next page for answers...
Post A Comment
Comments are published and responded to (if required) weekly. For queries or comments relating to our Sweepstakes or product purchases from our online store, please call Customer Service on 1300 300 030 or email email@example.com. Comments containing personal or inappropriate material may be modified or removed at our discretion.
Do you think Wayne Swan's budget is a good one?