Pasta with Butternut Sauce
Pasta with butternut sauce
- Quantity: 4 SERVES
- Prep Time:
- Cooking Time:
- Nutrition Facts:Kilojoules 1747; Fibre 9g; Protein 16g; Carbohydrate 60g; Saturated Fat 2g; Total Fat 12g; Cholesterol 7mg
Ingredients1 butternut pumpkin (about 1kg) halved lengthways and seeded
375 g fusilli or rotelle pasta
12 fresh sage leaves
2 teaspoon Olive Oil
2 clove garlic crushed
1⁄3 cup blanched almonds
1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1⁄2 teaspoon mild mustardSalt
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin, cut-side-down, in a small baking dish. Add ¹/2 cup water, then cover and bake for 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. When cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh into a food processor.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the packet directions, until firm-tender. Drain the pasta, reserving ²/3 cup of the cooking water, and transfer to a large bowl. Reserve three of the sage leaves for a garnish.
3. Heat the oil in a small nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add the garlic and the remaining sage leaves and cook for 2 minutes or until the garlic is softened.
4. Transfer the garlic and sage to the food processor along with the reserved pasta cooking water, the almonds, Parmesan, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth and add to the pasta, tossing to coat. Top with another grinding of pepper and serve garnished with the reserved sage leaves.