For this elegant dish, fillets of fish are spread with a nutty herb filling, then rolled up in thin slices of prosciutto and baked with butter and white wine. Creamy mashed potatoes mixed with rocket and steamed asparagus spears are ideal accompaniments.
Photo: Reader's Digest
- Quantity: 4 SERVES
- Prep Time:
- Cooking Time:
- Nutrition Facts:Each serving provides 2872 kJ, 686 kcal, 52 g protein, 30 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 g carbohydrate (6 g sugars), 8 g fibre
Ingredients8 very thin slices prosciutto about 125 g in total, trimmed of fat
4 firm white fish fillets about 150 g each, skinned
1 cup (80 g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
2⁄3 cup (80 g) chopped toasted hazelnuts
2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
2 eggs beaten
salt and pepper
4 tablespoon white wine
1 1⁄2 tablespoon (30 g) butter
1 kg floury potatoes (e.g. russet (idaho) or king edward) peeled and cut into large chunks
100 low-fat milk
2 tablespoon chopped rocket
500 g asparagus spears
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Lay 2 overlapping slices of prosciutto on a board and place a fish fillet on top, skinned side up. Combine the breadcrumbs with the hazelnuts, coriander, eggs and a little pepper. Spread one-quarter of this mixture on top of the fish, pressing it over evenly. Carefully roll up the fish and prosciutto like a swiss roll. Repeat with the remaining prosciutto, fish fillets and hazelnut filling.
2. Arrange the fish rolls in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Pour over the wine. Using 15 g of the butter, put a dab on top of each roll. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
3. Meanwhile, put the potatoes into a large pan and pour over boiling water to cover. Cook over a moderate heat for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
4. Drain and mash the potatoes, then beat in the milk, remaining 15 g butter and the rocket, and season to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and keep hot. Steam the asparagus for about 4 minutes, or until just tender.
5. Serve the fish, cut into slices, on individual warmed dinner plates, with the asparagus and potatoes.
Daily Health Tips
Send Free eCards
Life Well Shared
Health & Wellbeing
Food & Recipes
Home & Garden