- 100 g minced turkey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 2/3 cups (200g) shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup (90g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup (35g) frozen peas
- 125g slices smoked turkey or chicken, chopped
- 2/3 cup (110 g) canned water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 6 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- chilli sauce, to taste
- Preheat the grill (broiler) to high. Use your hands to mix together the minced turkey with 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce until well combined. Heat the sunflower oil in a heavy-based ovenproof frying pan, add the turkey and cook for 3–5 minutes, breaking up any large lumps with a spoon, until lightly browned. Add the cabbage, bean sprouts, peas, smoked turkey, water chestnuts, spring onion and coriander and stir-fry for about 2–3 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the garlic, ginger, sherry and remaining soy sauce. Add to the pan, pouring the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables and turkey. Cook, stirring gently with a wooden spatula and lifting the sides of the omelette to let the uncooked egg mixture run onto the pan, until the omelette is set. Slide the pan under the grill and cook briefly to set the egg on top.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sesame oil, bean sauce, balsamic vinegar and chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Cut the omelette into wedges and serve drizzled with the sauce mixture and garnished with extra coriander.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes