- 4 salmon fillets (about 180 g each)
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 8 thin slices lemon
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) water, fish or chicken stock
- Place a baking tray on the middle rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Tear off 8 sheets of aluminium foil, each measuring 30 x 30 cm. Using double layers, place one fillet in the centre of each square. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the spring onion and dill evenly over the fish fillets. Top with lemon slices. Drizzle each fillet with 1 tablespoon of the water, fish or chicken stock.
- Seal each packet by bringing two opposite sides of the foil up and over the fish. Fold the edges over twice, then fold the side edges twice. Place the packets on the preheated baking tray.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Before serving, partially open the packet to check that the centre of the fish is cooked through.
- To serve, place each packet on a dinner plate and allow guests to open their own packets. Or transfer the contents of the packets to the plates and serve at once.