- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small green capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (175 g) frozen corn kernels
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup (65 g) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup (50 g) grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup (130 g) low-fat natural yogurt
- Warm the tortillas following the packet instructions. Meanwhile, make the filling. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion, garlic and capsicums and cook over a medium heat, stirring, for 3 minutes until they begin to soften. Add the red chilli (if using) and the ground cumin and stir for 1 minute.
- Put the red kidney beans onto a plate and lightly crush with a fork, then add to the frying pan together with the corn and chopped tomato. Stir in the tomato and chilli sauces and the water and continue to cook gently for about 4 minutes. Stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve the hot bean mixture, lettuce, cheese and yogurt in separate bowls for everyone to help themselves. To assemble a burrito, place some lettuce in the middle of a tortilla, spoon some of the bean mixture on top, add some grated cheese and top with a dollop of yogurt. Roll up and eat immediately.
Serves: 4 (8 burritos)
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes