- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup (25 g) porridge oats
- 1⁄3 cup (80 ml) low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup (20 g) freshly grated parmesan
- 1⁄3 cup (20 g) firmly packed chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (500 ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 cam (about 400 g) no-salt-added chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 3⁄4 cup (80 g) farfallini (small bow tie pasta)
- 300 g silverbeet or cabbage, shredded
- 1 yellow or green zucchini, quartered lengthways and thickly sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over a low heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is tender. Transfer to a medium bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken in a food processor and pulse on and off until finely minced. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the onion mixture.
- Add the oats, milk, 2 tablespoons of the parmesan and 2 tablespoons of the basil, and mix to combine. Gently shape the mixture into 24 small meatballs.
- Combine the stock, tomatoes and water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the pasta and silverbeet and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add the remaining basil and the meatballs, and cook for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, cover with a lid and simmer for about 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the silverbeet is tender. Serve sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes