- 500 g unpeeled small new potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large mild red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, roughly crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roughly crushed
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 400 g peeled cooked prawns
- juice of 2 limes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup (125 g) low-fat natural yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water, then dry in a clean tea towel.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened and lightly browned. Add the garlic, chilli and the crushed coriander and cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute more, stirring. Stir in the potatoes and fry over high heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and dice the flesh. Add to the potatoes with the prawns and lime juice. Season with black pepper and toss gently. Mix together the yogurt, coriander and black pepper to taste.
- Line four serving bowls with the lettuce leaves, spoon the salad into them, top with the coriander yogurt and serve.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes