- 1 1⁄2 cups (300 g) basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 fresh red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 orange capsicum, seeded and diced
- 200 g baby corn, sliced at an angle
- 200 g small broccoli florets, halved
- 500 g fresh squid rings
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 10 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook for 10–12 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or heavy-based frying pan and stir-fry the chillies, garlic and ginger for 2 minutes to release their flavour.
- Toss in the capsicum, corn and broccoli florets, and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, or until the broccoli is almost tender. Add the squid and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes, or until just firm and opaque.
- Spoon in the soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water and scatter over the spring onions. Cook until bubbling, then serve immediately with the drained rice.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes