- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 jalapeño chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded and chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2⁄3 cup (125 g) fresh or canned baby corn
- 1 2⁄3 cups (125 g) shredded Chinese cabbage (wombok)
- 500 g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Whisk the stock, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour in a small bowl until well combined and smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add to the stock mixture, stirring well.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in the wok over high heat. Add the capsicum, spring onions and zucchini and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until just tender. Add the baby corn and cabbage and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until the cabbage wilts slightly, then add the tofu and stock mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tofu is cooked through. Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes