- 1 thin baguette, about 170 g
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 85 g prosciutto, sliced wafer-thin and trimmed of all fat
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, about 85 g each, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- small rocket leaves to garnish
- Preheat the grill to high. Slice the baguette into 12 equal slices. Place the slices on the rack in the grill pan and grill until the top is toasted.
- Turn the toasts over and spread with the pesto. Top each with the prosciutto, cut and folded to fit on the bread. Divide the tomato slices among the toasts, then drizzle with the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return the bruschettas to the grill and cook for 1–2 minutes or until the tomato slices begin to soften and char slightly at the edges. Garnish each bruschetta with a few rocket leaves and serve hot or at room temperature.
Each serving provides 481 kJ, 115 kcal, 6 g protein, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 g carbohydrate (1 g sugars), 0.5 g fibre