Located in northwestern Romania, the Hoia-Baciu is known as the “Bermuda Triangle” of Romania in that strange disappearances are said to have occurred here, like a shepherd believed to have disappeared with a flock of 200 sheep and a five-year-old girl who disappeared here only to emerge five years later without having aged. Visitors often “report intense feelings of anxiety and the feeling of being constantly watched,” the forest’s website warns, and the locals tend to stay away because they fear that if they enter, they will never find their way out. Fancy a night in a haunted hotel? Here’s 7 to choose from!
13 true stories from the most haunted forests in the world
Popular This Week
- 12 science trivia questions people always get wrong
- 38 genius habits your 80-year-old brain will thank you for doing today
- The 40 best hairstyles for women over 40
- 12 crazy conspiracy theories that actually turned out to be true
- 7 tips for arguing with someone who is “always right”
- 13 ways you’re secretly hurting your liver
- 19 trivia questions only geniuses will get right
- 7 silent signs you might have eye cataracts
More in Travel
Would you like to see your writing published in the magazine? Send it to us! We pay for stories, anecdotes and jokes.
We’re looking for enthusiastic readers who want to get involved in creating the magazine!
Share Your Deepest Wish with us and be published and earn cash!
What’s your best tip for dealing with stress and worry?
Come up with a funny caption for this image for your chance to win $100!