Some criminals will throw a rock through a house or car window before even trying to break in, just to see what happens, says Joel Logan, COO of Las Vegas-based Reliance Security. If an alarm goes off and neighbours peer outside to see what’s happening, they might be scared off. But if the homeowners are clearly out of the house or the police never arrive, they might break in that night or soon after. Call the police right away if you’re home, and install motion-sensor floodlights for when you aren’t there, Logan recommends. Check out the 10 hiding spots burglars always look first.
Popular This Week
- 12 science trivia questions people always get wrong
- 38 genius habits your 80-year-old brain will thank you for doing today
- The 40 best hairstyles for women over 40
- 12 crazy conspiracy theories that actually turned out to be true
- 7 tips for arguing with someone who is “always right”
- 13 ways you’re secretly hurting your liver
- 19 trivia questions only geniuses will get right
- 7 silent signs you might have eye cataracts
More in Home Tips
Would you like to see your writing published in the magazine? Send it to us! We pay for stories, anecdotes and jokes.
We’re looking for enthusiastic readers who want to get involved in creating the magazine!
Share Your Deepest Wish with us and be published and earn cash!
What’s your best tip for dealing with stress and worry?
Come up with a funny caption for this image for your chance to win $100!