You probably know lead and asbestos are dangerous substances that can turn up in homes, but you might not know that other chemicals inside our houses, both natural and man-made, can make you sick. These substances can foul your air, water, food, and even the products you use to clean. Some symptoms of sick building syndrome can include irritated eyes, nose, throat, or skin, breathing trouble, fatigue, and confusion; building-related illness may include long-term problems like asthma and allergies. And then there are the chemicals that disrupt hormones or jumpstart cancer. Here are some things you can do that to make your house healthier and reduce your risks.
23 subtle ways your house might be making you sick
Popular This Week
- 12 science trivia questions people always get wrong
- 38 genius habits your 80-year-old brain will thank you for doing today
- The 40 best hairstyles for women over 40
- 12 crazy conspiracy theories that actually turned out to be true
- 7 tips for arguing with someone who is “always right”
- 13 ways you’re secretly hurting your liver
- 19 trivia questions only geniuses will get right
- 7 silent signs you might have eye cataracts
More in Home Tips
Would you like to see your writing published in the magazine? Send it to us! We pay for stories, anecdotes and jokes.
We’re looking for enthusiastic readers who want to get involved in creating the magazine!
Share Your Deepest Wish with us and be published and earn cash!
What’s your best tip for dealing with stress and worry?
Come up with a funny caption for this image for your chance to win $100!