How to Enter
To enter, individuals must follow the entry instructions featured on the promotional material.
July 2022 Princess Cruise Giveaway
Terms and Conditions:
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to persons over 18 years of age and residents of Australia only.
- This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary and creative merit in answering the question provided. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Employees of the Promoter and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Only one entry per person is permitted. All duplicate entries will be removed prior to the prize judging.
- Promotion commences on 23/06/22 and closes on 31/08/22.
- The total prize value is $8,242. The winner will be notified by email within 7 days of the close of the competition. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize Details are as follows: 11 night Majestic Princess Queensland cruise for 2 people in Feb 2023, in a Mini-Suite cabin on our Princess Plus fare with Drinks and Wi-Fi included valued at $8,242.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Prize value is recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- The promoter may conduct further judging at the same time and place as the original judging as is necessary, in order to distribute a prize if unclaimed.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and will be entered into a database. The promoter collects your information to provide our products and services and may also use your information for the marketing purposes by Direct Publishing and/or selected corporate partners.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The promoter is Direct Publishing Pty Ltd, (ABN 81000565471), 431 Warringah Road, Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086 Australia, (www.readersdigest.com.au) (www.readersdigest.co.nz), Ph: Aust 1300300030 – NZ 0800450242 (“Promoter”).
Basic Terms and Conditions
- The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian and/or New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one entry permitted per person.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- Promotion commences on first day of each month. Entries close on last day of each month.
- The winner/Winners will be notified by email.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The best valid entry/entries, as determined by the judges, will win the relevant prize.
- If for any reason a winner does not take, claim or redeem a prize (or part of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- if the Content is created by the entrant: the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- if the Content is partially or not created by the entrant: the entrant has obtained full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in Australia or New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Reader’s Digest (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 81 000 565 471) of 80 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007.