Reader’s Digest reserves the right to deny you access to, or use of, all or part of the Site, without prior notice, if you engage in any conduct that Reader’s Digest believes, in its sole discretion:
- violates the rights of Reader’s Digest or third parties; or
- is otherwise inappropriate for continued access and use of the Site.
- Reader’s Digest reserves the right to deny you access to, or use of, all or part of the Site, without prior notice, if you engage in any conduct that Reader’s Digest believes, in its sole discretion:
You must not use the Site to:
- impersonate or otherwise misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any other person or entity (including, without limitation, where the Site requires you to register in order to use it);
- falsify or delete any attributions, legends, or other proprietary designations of origin or source of any Content of the Site (as defined in 3.a below);
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site or computer systems or networks connected to the Site through any means;
- commit forgery (or attempted forgery), or harm minors in any way;
- send junk, obscene, indecent, defamatory, offensive, ethnically objectionable or threatening electronic communications (including without limitation e-mails or material posted at a Reader’s Digest forum) or “spam” to people who would not wish to receive mail from you;
- conduct, display, forward, distribute, promote or publish surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- conduct, display, forward, distribute, promote or publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services, without Reader’s Digest prior written consent;
- e-mail, post or transmit any material that you do not have a right to e-mail, post or transmit (including but not limited to material that infringes third party intellectual property rights or that is confidential information);
- collect, use, disclose or store personal data about other users, including e-mail addresses; or
- violate any applicable state, Commonwealth or international law, convention or regulation.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of any passwords and/or identification or log-in information for the Site. You agree to notify Reader’s Digest immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or any other breach of security.
- You must not use the Site to:
Intellectual Property Rights
- The information, text materials, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video and audio clips, trade marks (whether registered or not), advertisements, layout, arrangement, graphical user interface, look and feel, and control features of the Site (the “Content”) is protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property laws.
- The Reader’s Digest logo and name are the trade marks of Reader’s Digest, and may not be used as part of your business or in connection with any goods or services without the prior written consent of Reader’s Digest.
- With respect to all information or material submitted to Reader’s Digest in connection with the Site (including without limitation e-mails and information posted to Reader’s Digest bulletin boards or forums), you grant Reader’s Digest a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, publish, communicate to the public, translate, and distribute such communications worldwide in any form, and by any media or technology now known or later developed. Such licences shall be royalty free, except as expressly agreed by Reader’s Digest and set out in the Site or in the Reader’s Digest Magazine. For example, Reader’s Digest may from time to time offer in the Reader’s Digest Magazine to pay the reader a set fee for jokes submitted by that reader which are published in the Reader’s Digest Magazine.
Subscribing to Reader’s Digest
- Reader’s Digest makes available to users on this Site certain subscription services (for example, an annual subscription to the Reader’s Digest Magazine).
Bulletin/Message Boards & Forums
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that all bulletin/message boards and forums on this Site provide a means of public, not private, communication.
- Neither Reader’s Digest nor any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate accept any responsibility or liability for any information posted or submitted by you (or any other users of the Site) to any bulletin/message boards or forums on the Site, nor for any use or misuse which you or any other users of the Site make of information or material which you (or any other users of the Site) submit to bulletin/message boards or the discussion forum.
- The submission of any communications to Reader’s Digest in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of Reader’s Digest to post or use such materials or, if we do so, to give you credit.
Information (including health information) is NOT advice
- The information provided on this Site (including but not limited to health information) is not intended to be advice. Your particular circumstances will affect the applicability and relevance of information contained in this Site.
- You should seek professional advice before relying or acting upon the information conveyed in any publication on this Site.
- Health Information:Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Links & Advertising
- This Site may contain links to third party websites. Those sites are not under the control of Reader’s Digest, and Reader’s Digest is not responsible for the content or the links contained in those sites. Neither Reader’s Digest nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, or relate bodies corporate recommend or endorse the content of any third party sites which may be linked to or from the Site, or products or services of any third party organisations mentioned or described on this Site or linked to or from this Site. You acknowledge that you enter any third party websites at your own risk.
- The Site may contain advertisements for third parties’ goods and/or services. The third party advertisers are responsible for the accuracy of all representations made in those advertisements. Neither Reader’s Digest nor its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate recommend or endorse the goods or services that may be advertised on the Site, nor do they offer the goods or services for sale or make any other representation whatsoever about them. If you choose to order a product or service advertised by a third party on the Site, you do so at your own risk.
- Reader’s Digest may from time to time run competitions or other promotions on this Site. These will be subject to additional terms and conditions that will be made known to you at the relevant time.
Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability
Subject only to 9.b below:
- This Site is provided by Reader’s Digest on an “as is” basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind;
- The World Wide Web exists across open public networks that are neither secure nor private. Accordingly, you acknowledge and accept the risk that any communication to or from the Site may be intercepted, used or modified by third parties.
- Reader’s Digest does not warrant that access to or use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Site or any material on or accessible through the Site is free from errors or viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bomb, cancelbot or other harmful components;
- Reader’s Digest does not warrant anything about the reliability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, quality, physical state or for a particular purpose of any material on or accessible through the Site;
- Reader’s Digest may change any of the material on the Site at any time without notice;
- Reader’s Digest makes no commitment to update any material on the Site;
- You are responsible for assessing the accuracy, reliability, suitability and currency of the material on or accessible through the Site;
- You accept all risks and responsibility for all loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from using the Site or the material on or accessible through the Site;
- You warrant that you are 18 years of age or over, or you have obtained a parent or guardian’s consent prior to using or accessing this Site.
- Neither Reader’s Digest nor any of its officers, directors, employees, agents or related bodies corporate shall be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, losses or damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, economic, punitive or consequential losses or damages arising out of the reliance on or use of or inability to use the material or information available on or accessible through the Site, even if Reader’s Digest has been advised of the likelihood of such damages.
- in the case of services, the supply of the services again, or the payment of having the services resupplied and
- in the case of goods, the replacement or repair of the goods, the supply of equivalent goods, or the payment of the costs of replacing or repairing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods.
- Subject only to 9.b below: