- 1 carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 stalk celery, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (90 g) bean sprouts, trimmed
- ¾ cup (45 g) alfalfa sprouts
- ½ cup (60 g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt–reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Combine the carrot, celery, apple, bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts and sunflower seeds in a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- To make the lime and ginger dressing, whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad, toss well to coat evenly and serve.