- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 170 g potato, peeled and diced
- 1 medium–sized leek, white part only, or 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 300 g asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 200 g sugar snap peas, chopped
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock, preferably homemade
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh chives or chopped fresh chervil
- ½ cup (125 g) low–fat natural yogurt
- salt and white pepper
- snipped fresh chives or sprigs of fresh chervil to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the potato and leek or onion, and stir well.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the leek or onion has softened, but not browned.
- Stir in the asparagus and sugar snap peas, then pour in enough of the stock to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5–7 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Cool for a few minutes, then purée the vegetables with their cooking liquid in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Stir in the remaining stock, the chives or chervil and half of the yogurt.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Leave to cool completely, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top each portion with a spoonful of the remaining yogurt.
- Garnish with chives or chervil and serve immediately, with rolls or crusty bread.
Preparation: 10 minutes, plus at least 1 hour chilling
Cooking: about 20 minutes