- 500 g (1 lb) cos (romaine) lettuce, finely shredded
- 1½ cups (150 g) trimmed and sliced snow peas (mangetout)
- 3 cups (565 g) canned lychees, drained and halved
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, white pith removed and cut into sections
- 1 red plum, halved, stone removed and sliced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- olive oil spray, for cooking
- 375 g (13 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) low–fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons salt–reduced smooth peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Put the lettuce, snow peas, lychees, orange, plum and spring onions in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Grease a wok or large non–stick frying pan with cooking spray and set over medium–high heat.
- Add the chicken breast fillets and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then cut into thin slices on the diagonal.
- To make the creamy peanut dressing, whisk the mayonnaise, peanut butter and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add the chicken strips to the salad and just before serving, drizzle over the dressing and toss to coat.