- 250 g hulled strawberries, frozen
- 250 g fresh pineapple chunks, frozen
- 8 ice cubes
- ½ cup (125 ml) pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons skim milk powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or caster sugar, or to taste
- sprigs of fresh pineapple mint to serve (optional)
- Put the strawberries and pineapple chunks in the freezer and freeze for at least 1½ hours, or until frozen.
- Put the ice cubes in a food processor or heavy–duty blender and process until they are finely crushed.
- Alternatively, crush the ice cubes in a freezerproof bag, bashing them with a rolling pin, and then put them in the processor or blender.
- Add the frozen strawberries and pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and skim milk powder and process again until blended but still with small pieces of fruit and ice visible.
- Taste and sweeten with sugar if necessary.
- (The amount of sugar required will depend on the sweetness of the fruit.
- ) Process briefly using the pulse button.
- Spoon into tall glasses, decorate each with a sprig of pineapple mint, if you like, and serve with long spoons.