- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 150 g (5 oz) carrots, cut into batons
- 200 g (7 oz) red capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) yellow capsicum (bell pepper), halved, seeded and sliced
- 150 g (5 oz) button mushrooms, halved
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Put the soy sauce, sherry, honey and stock in a small bowl. Stir together until combined and set aside until needed.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the carrot and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Pour in 1–2 tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the carrot starts to soften.
- Add the capsicums, mushrooms, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until they are almost tender.
- Pour in the sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute until all the vegetables are coated in the sauce. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with sesame oil, and serve immediately.