- 600 ml fish stock
- 1 cup (200 g) jasmine rice
- 1½ tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 250 g broccoli florets, thinly sliced
- 12 raw prawns, peeled but tails left on
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ¼ cup (15 g) chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) coconut milk
- curls of toasted fresh coconut (optional)
- lime wedges
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice, then cover and simmer for 10–12 minutes, or until the rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large frying pan, add the oil and swirl.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions, and stir–fry for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and stir–fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the prawns and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink.
- Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce and stir–fry for 30 seconds, then add the coriander and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to mix.
- Add the coconut milk to the rice and mix well.
- Spoon the rice onto a serving platter or individual plates, top with the stir–fried prawns and garnish with curls of coconut, if using, and lime wedges.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about 15 minutes