- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced and separated into half–rings
- 1 ripe but firm mango
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ telegraph cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a screw–top jar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Shake well to blend.
- Put the onion in a shallow dish, pour over the dressing and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Halve the mango lengthwise, cutting down round each side of the stone.
- Peel off the skin, then cut the flesh into small slices and place in a bowl.
- Add the kiwi fruit and cucumber.
- Tip the marinated onion into the bowl together with all the dressing and fold together gently.