- 2 large ripe bananas, about 400 g in total, weighed with their skins on
- 1 2/3 cup (250 g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup (55 g) firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 100 ml low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (125 g) sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease an 18 cm round deep cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Peel the bananas, then mash with a fork. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Whisk together the oil, milk and eggs and add to the flour mixture.
- Stir in the sultanas and mashed bananas, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then loosen the edge of the cake with a knife and turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cake can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days.