- 1 1/2 cups (240 g) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (100 g) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (50 g) pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (125 g) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole standard muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. Tip the husks from the sieve into the bowl. Stir in the oats and make a well in the centre.
- Use a fork to whisk the milk, oil, eggs and vanilla in a bowl. Add to the dry ingredients along with the mashed bananas, and fold together until just combined. Gently fold in the pecans and blueberries.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cases. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, until risen, golden and springy to a gentle touch. Serve warm or at room temperature.