- 1 cold roast chicken, about 1.5 kg, or 700 g cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 green apples
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup (120 g) dried apricots, quartered
- ⅓ cup (90 g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 pieces stem ginger, finely diced
- ¼ cup (25 g) walnut halves
- If using a whole roast chicken, remove the meat from the carcass, discarding the skin.
- Cut the chicken meat into bite–sized pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
- Put the lime juice in a small bowl.
- Core and chop the apples, then add them to the lime juice and toss well to coat the apple pieces (this will prevent them from turning brown).
- Add the apples, celery and apricots to the chicken and mix together.
- Combine the sour cream and mayonnaise in another small bowl and season with pepper.
- Stir in the stem ginger.
- Spoon this dressing over the chicken salad and toss until all the pieces are coated.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and serve garnished with watercress.
Preparation: 20-25 minutes