- 125 g self–raising flour
- 125 g self–raising wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (170 g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (60 g) dried mixed fruit or raisins
- ¾ cup (115 g) finely grated carrot
- 1 cup (135 g) finely grated zucchini
- ½ cup (125 ml) sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 12–cup deep muffin tin or line the cups with paper muffin cases; the cups should be about 3–3.
- 5 cm deep.
- Sift both types of flour, the cinnamon and sugar into a mixing bowl, adding any bran left in the sieve.
- Stir in the dried mixed fruit or raisins, and make a well in the middle.
- In another bowl, beat the carrot, zucchini, oil and eggs together.
- Pour this mixture into the well in the dry ingredients and stir until almost blended, but with a small amount of dry flour still visible in places.
- Divide the mixture among the cups, filling them about two–thirds full.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen, peaked in the centre and springy to the touch.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve the muffins warm or at room temperature.
- They are best eaten on the day they are made, but they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Alternatively, freeze them for up to 3 months.
MAKES 12 MUFFINS
Preparation: about 15 minutes
Cooking: 20-25 minutes