Ingredients500 g (1 lb) lean lamb neck fillets or other lean lamb meat, trimmed of fat, thinly sliced
1½ tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
16 large cos (romaine) lettuce leaves, trimmed
16 rice paper wrappers
6 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced lengthwise
¼ telegraph (long) cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
6 sweet red plums, halved, stones removed and thinly sliced
SESAME DIPPING SAUCE
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
1 teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
- To make the sesame dipping sauce, put all of the ingredients into a screw-top jar and shake well. Set aside until needed.
- Put the lamb slices in a bowl with the soy sauce and set aside to marinate.
- Rinse and dry the lettuce leaves and remove the central stalks.
- Tear off 16 pieces large enough to fit in the centre of the rice paper wrappers.
- Finely shred the remaining lettuce and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add half of the lamb slices and stir-fry for 3–5 minutes, or until the meat is cooked to your liking.
- Remove to a plate and keep warm while cooking the remaining lamb.
- Working with one wrapper at a time, dip the rice wrapper into a bowl of hot water to soften for 20–25 seconds, then transfer to clean tea towel (dish towel) and pat dry.
- Place a trimmed lettuce leaf in the centre of the wrapper and top with a few lamb slices, some spring onions cucumber, plum slices and shredded lettuce.
- Fold in both sides of the wrapper, then roll up neatly tucking in one end, and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling ingredients to make 16 wraps in total.
- Arrange the wraps on a serving platter and scatter over any remaining spring onion.
- Serve with the dipping sauce passed separately.
Each serving (4 wraps) provides1890 kJ, 450 kcal, 30 g protein, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 g carbohydrate (11 g sugars), 4 g fibre, 506 mg sodium.