- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, about 250 g in total, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 wholemeal muffins, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup (20 g) shredded fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices of prosciutto, about 50 g in total, trimmed of fat and cut in half widthwise
- 100 g mozzarella, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (15g) coarsely shredded rocket
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the leeks and cook over a moderately high heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the leeks are tender and greatly reduced in volume.
- The juices they yield should have evaporated by this time – if not, increase the heat and cook for a little longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place the muffins, cut side down, in the grill pan without the rack.
- Grill to toast the bases, then turn the muffins over.
- Divide the leeks equally among the muffins, spreading evenly.
- Top with the basil, then lay a piece of prosciutto on each muffin half.
- Gently pinch the prosciutto up into loose folds. Scatter the strips of mozzarella over the prosciutto.
- Cook the muffin pizzas under the hot grill for 4–5 minutes, or until the mozzarella has melted and is bubbling.
- Sprinkle with the shredded rocket and serve.