- 400 g salmon fillet, skinned
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 350 g linguine
- 250 g carrots, cut into matchstick strips
- 250 g zucchini, cut into matchstick strips
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- ⅓ cup (90 g) reduced–fat crème fraîche or sour cream
- salt and pepper
- To servesprigs of fresh dill (optional)1 lemon, cut into wedgesCut the salmon into chunks and place in a dish.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and the dill.
- Turn the chunks of salmon to coat them evenly.
- If time permits, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Add the carrots to the pasta after 8 minutes cooking, then add the zucchini 1 minute later.
- Meanwhile, brush a non–stick or heavy–based frying pan with the oil and heat.
- Drain the salmon, reserving the lemon juice marinade.
- Add the salmon to the hot pan and cook, turning the pieces occasionally, for 3–4 minutes, or until the fish is firm and just cooked.
- Add the reserved marinade and the crème fraîche or sour cream to the salmon, and cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from the heat and stir in seasoning to taste.
- Drain the pasta and vegetables, and transfer them to a serving dish or to individual plates.
- Add the salmon mixture, garnish with fresh dill, if liked, and serve with lemon wedges.
Preparation: 10 minutes, plus optional marinating
Cooking: 15 minutes