- 1 large ripe mango
- 4 cups (200 g) mixed baby spinach leaves, trimmed watercress and rocket or chicory (curly endive)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, coarsely shredded or torn
- 6 sprigs of fresh coriander, stalks discarded, then coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts or peanuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Lime and ginger dressing
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel the mango.
- Cut the flesh from both sides of the stone and slice it thinly lengthwise.
- Mix the salad leaves on a platter, adding the basil and coriander.
- Arrange the mango slices on and between the salad leaves.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together and spoon it over the salad.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cashew nuts or peanuts and serve.