- 50 g green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 2 oranges
- 1 can red kidney beans, about 420 g, drained and rinsed
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (30 g) watercress sprigs, tough stalks discarded
- 50 g bresaola or air–dried beef, cut into wide strips
- 4 large radicchio leaves
- Add the green beans to a small saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again, then set aside until needed.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and seasoning to taste in a large bowl.
- Cut the peel and pith off the oranges.
- Holding the fruit over the bowl of dressing to catch any juice, cut the segments from between the membranes that separate them.
- Add the segments to the bowl.
- Squeeze the remaining juice from the membranes into the dressing before discarding.
- Add the green beans, red kidney beans and onion to the dressing and toss together.
- Add the watercress with the bresaola or beef and toss lightly.
- Place a radicchio leaf on each serving plate and fill with the bean mixture.
- Serve at once.
Preparation: about 20 minutes