- 1 large red capsicum
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- ice cubes to serve
- celery leaves to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the grill to the hottest setting.
- Grill the capsicum for about 10 minutes, turning often, until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Place the capsicum in a plastic bag and leave to stand for 15 minutes or until it is cool enough to handle.
- Peel off the skin, then cut the capsicum in half and discard the seeds, the white ribs of pith and the stalk.
- Cut the flesh into chunks.
- Put the capsicum, tomato juice and celery in a blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- For a very smooth result, press the drink through a sieve.
- Stir in the Tabasco.
- Pour the drink into 2 large glasses and add a few ice cubes.
- Sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of paprika and garnish with celery leaves, if you wish.
- Serve immediately.