- 250 g butter, at room temperature
- 3?4 cup (90 g) pure icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (300 g) plain flour
- 1?2 cup (60 g) cornflour or rice flour
- Using electric beaters, beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and creamy. Mix in the flour and cornflour using a wooden spoon. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half, then roll out each portion to form a disc about 2 cm thick. Wrap the discs in baking paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper until 5 mm thick. Using a round, fluted 7 cm biscuit cutter, cut 12–14 rounds from each piece of dough.
- Place the biscuits on the baking trays and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight containers for up to 2 weeks.