Ingredients16 baby carrots with tops, peeled
2 large red or yellow capsicums (bell peppers), halved, seeded and sliced
250 g (8 oz) snow peas (mangetout) or green beans, trimmed
8 radishes, thinly sliced
⅓ cup (100 g) salt-reduced smooth peanut butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
2 spring onions (scallions), chopped
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 pinch chilli powder
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To make the peanut dip, put ⅔ cup (150 ml) water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, spring onions, sugar, soy sauce and chilli powder.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Put the carrots into a steamer basket and cook for 3 minutes, then lift out and plunge immediately into a bowl of iced water to refresh.
- Steam the capsicums for 1 minute, then refresh immediately in a bowl of iced water.
- Steam the snow peas for 2 minutes, then refresh immediately in a bowl of iced water.
- rain all of the vegetables and dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the carrot sticks, capsicums and snow peas in a serving bowl and garnish with the sliced radish.
- Serve with the peanut dip passed separately.
Each serving provides 504 kJ, 120 kcal, 6 g protein, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrate (8 g sugars), 4 g fibre, 428 mg sodium.