- 500 g ripe strawberries, hulled
- grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2/3 cup (160g) low-fat natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, or to taste (optional)
To serve (optional)
- 4 small strawberries
- 4 small slices of orange
- Tip the strawberries into a food processor or blender and add the grated orange zest, orange juice and yogurt.
- Blend to a smooth purée, scraping down the sides of the container once or twice.
- Taste the mixture and sweeten with the sugar, if necessary.
- For a really smooth consistency, press through a nylon sieve to remove the strawberry pips, although this is not essential.
- Pour into glasses.
- If you like, decorate with small strawberries and slices of orange, both split so they sit on the rim of the glass.