- 4½ cups (205 g) baby spinach, thick stalks discarded
- 100 g watercress, thick stalks discarded
- ¾ cup (115 g) frozen peas
- 500 g fresh tagliatelle
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 200 g Greek–style yogurt
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat–leaf parsley
- 6 sprigs of fresh basil, torn into pieces
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the spinach and watercress and place in a large saucepan with just the water clinging to the leaves.
- Cover and cook over a moderate heat for 2 minutes, stirring and turning the vegetables occasionally, until they have wilted.
- Add the peas and heat through, uncovered, for 2 minutes – there should be enough liquid in the pan to cook the peas.
- Tip the greens and their liquid into a bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes, or according to the packet instructions, until al dente.
- Meanwhile, blend the cornflour to a smooth paste with the yogurt, and put into the pan used for cooking the vegetables.
- Stir over a moderate heat until just bubbling.
- Add the vegetables, parsley, basil and seasoning to taste and stir well.
- Heat the sauce through, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Toss to mix with the sauce, then serve.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: about 10 minutes